Sunday, May 29, 2011

Universal Truth: Faith

Faith
Everybody operates on some system of faith. Faith in a religion, government system, social system, family or self. Dictionary.com has this definition "belief that is not based on proof." How can one prove their faith is valid if there is no proof? How do you prove something that is invisible? Maybe proof isn't in anything measurable by the senses. Perhaps our faith is proved through there immeasurable qualities. The criteria I came up with was "the validity of ones faith can be verified by the amount of good it produces."  Seeing as I am a Christian by choice I am going to use this criteria to validate my beliefs. What is faith to God? Looking up Hebrews chapter 11 is a great start. Verse 6 summarizes it pretty well, we cannot please God without it. Also its a choice. A choice that has existed from the beginning of time. Who are we going to choose? That which is Good, God's image, or that which is evil, Satan's image. Also faith is ones hope that what they believe will yield set results. I hope the message of my faith and activation of it will result in good.

No comments:

Post a Comment